I've really been convicted that I am way over committed this Fall, doing great things, but things that are taking too much time away from my number one ministry: my husband and kids. So, instead of participating in a Friday morning bible study which I really wanted to be a part of, I decided that I would dedicate that time to doing something extraordinary with my kids. So every other Friday we will have what we will call Fab Friday at our house! Our inaugural Fab Friday was extra fun to kick things off! I took the boys to Sonic to get ice cream for breakfast (yes, it was 9:30 in the morning and I'm sure that anyone who saw me feeding my two year old ice cream at that hour thought I was crazy!) Blane had the best time, of course! We talked about where Jesus lives and Blane told me once again that he thinks heaven is upstairs. We also discussed that Daddy and Grandaddy work at ExxonMobil and that Daddy works hard so that mommy can be at home with Blane and Gavin. Gavin participated in the fun with lots of smiles and cooing, his way of saying that he can't wait until he can taste that ice cream! We spent a wonderful morning together, just the three of us, and I am thankful to have been able to play with them and engage them in a way that I couldn't have otherwise.
Stay tuned for Fab Friday #2!!!!!
2 comments:
What a good mommy! Your boys are blessed to have you! Ice cream for breakfast is sooo cool!
I am totally going to steal your Fab Friday idea... Ice cream for breakfast is perfect!!
Post a Comment