Monday, January 25, 2010

Gavin's First "Sick Visit"

Poor little baby boy! Gavin has been miserable the past couple of days with a TERRIBLE cough/congestion. He's had very little sleep but luckily no fever, until today when it spiked to 102. I decided to take him to our beloved doctor to have him checked out- just to be on the safe side. He was such a trooper despite feeling SO lousy! Gavin was diagnosed with RSV/Bronchiolitis which can cause respiratory distress in infants. They tested his oxygen intake levels and we sat through a breathing treatment. Little guy was so exhausted that he fell asleep during the treatment! We are due for a follow up visit and treatment in two days. Unfortunately, we were told that this could get worse before it gets better.
Isaiah 40:11
He tends his flock like a shepherd. He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

2 comments:

Michelle Littler Photography said...

Poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon.

Jenn said...

RSV can be nasty...I'm so sorry. We'll be praying for quick healing!