In our women's bible study we were asked to prayerfully consider our worst fear. My worst fear is that my babies will not learn to love Jesus and have a saving relationship with Him. I am CONSTANTLY having to turn their little hearts and mine over to God. While I have no control over their salvation, I try to make sure that everything we do turns us back to HIM. Valentine's Day is no exception! While I want my boys to be MEN, warriors, leaders...I also want them to know how to be gentle, loving, and respectful (of girls especially!) Blane and two of his little guy friends came over to bake v-day cookies and make cards for their special little (girl)friends. After the boys left, Blane and I talked about some verses from the bible that specifically talk about God's love for us.
1 John 4:19 We love because He first loved us
1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers
Jeremiah 31:3 I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness
Ephesians 2:4-5 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alice with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions- it is by grace you have been saved.
This valentines day we will deliver our little packages of goodies and proclaim God's love for us!
1 comment:
I love reading the things you do with your boys....you are such a great mommy!!!
Post a Comment