This morning we woke up to Chocolate Blueberry Muffins!
Gavin loved his birthday muffin! (and little did he know that there was a fruit involved!)

It sounds so cliche, but it really is hard to believe a whole year has gone by since this little guy became a part of our family. I really loved this day last year! It was hard for me to trust in God's timing, that He knew better than the doctors exactly which day his baby should arrive. I was miserable being 4 days late! But, the excitement of waking up at 3 am in labor, and the thrill of getting to wake Scott up and announce that "it's time" made the wait well worth it. It was way more fun than even telling him that I was pregnant! I love to remember how God equipped Scott to do and be exactly what I needed that morning, especially after being told that I could have no pain medication whatsoever. Because of how loving, and sweet, and attentive Scott was to me for those several hours, I really do look back on the pain of delivery with really fond memories. Only five hours after waking up with contractions I was holding onto my newest little baby boy. God new what I needed that day, and he was faithful to provide!
What I love the most about G is that he's a true mamma's boy. He doesn't like to be away from me for too long. And if I'm sitting on the floor, in my lap he will be. He still prefers to be held most of the time and loves to cuddle. This boy is just like his Uncle Conley - he loves anything soft. If there is a pillow, blanket, or lovie around the house, he will find it, lay down, and suck his thumb. He especially loves his three lovies and blanket that he sleeps with.
Gavin is very different than Blane when it comes to food. Blane loves anything that is in the fruit or veggie family. Gavin however, wouldn't be found dead with a fruit or veggie even near his tray. BUT, Poppop will be happy to know that he's a meat eater through and through. You wouldn't be able to believe the things he can eat with just two little bottom teeth! He's also done really well with milk. He loves to drink his milk, thankfully! Gavin is also still nursing once a day! There have been SO many times throughout the past year that I thought we were done nursing - which made me so sad. But after research and talking with a lactation consultant friend, I was able to work through his "nursing strikes". In fact, Gavin was nursing as much as 3 or 4 times a day until just a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully, nursing has been such a wonderful experience for us!
Gavin loves to babble, talk, coo, and tell lots of stories. My favorite is to see him playing in a corner by himself - he'll flip through a book, point to different characters, and babble away to himself. SO cute! And by the way, this boy loves his books and flashcards, just like his big brother.
Gavin is still crawling as his main mode of transportation. But he also enjoys cruising around the furniture and will even stand without holding anything for several seconds at a time. My favorite is when he crawls over to me, then stands up next to me!
Gavin's nickname used to be "Serious Baby" because it was so difficult to get him smiling. No longer the case! This is one happy baby! Giggling, laughing, and smiling is his standard. He's easy to put to bed too - Scott and I comment on how funny it is that he seems to hope that we'll leave him alone in his bed so that he can sleep. He's teetering between one and two naps a day, and he typically sleeps from 7-7 at night.
Today Gavin figured out how to roll a ball back and forth with me! He was SO proud of his new accomplishment!
Neither of my kids took paci's, but they both think it's hilarious to play with them!
The bumbo is so fascinating
Making a mess!
This is the sweet face that greets me in the morning
Little climber


Snuggling with Daddy

Interrupting family movie time : )


I love the many references (in the bible) to mommy's and their babies, and how that word/picture can be used to describe Jesus's everlasting love for us. I know that when I am loving or comforting my children, God is using that to minister to their hearts and show them what his love is like!
Isaiah 66:13 As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you...
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Gavin! What a precious boy. :)
Post a Comment