Monday, July 26, 2010

Blane: Almost 33 Months

It is incredible to see the way that God is molding and shaping Blane's little heart! I love Blane's curiosity, sensitivity, compassion, tenderness, and playfulness. I adore his interest in memorizing verses and song! This little boy is such a delight!

This month has been brutally hot! We are spending most days at the pool, or inside playing pretend or doing crafts. Blane and Gavin's relationship continues to flourish and they have become great playmates. Tackle and wrestle are favorite games as well as chasing each other around the house. Blane is always concerned about G's whereabouts and asks where he is often. And Gavin seems to be happiest when his big brother is around. What a special relationship they are developing!

Almost everyday, I die laughing at something Blane says. Here are some fun quotes from this past month:

  • "Blane, are you going to choose to obey, or disobey?" I asked. He replied, "Mommy, I really like your house"
  • "Mommy, can you go to school with me when you get little?"
  • "Mommy, you're a good maker and Daddy's a good fixer"
  • "Mommy, I have something to tell you..." - we hear this as a preface of every conversation
  • "Now it's baby's turn to wrestle me!"
  • While I'm using the food processor, "Mommy, it's too noisy over there, it hurst my ears"
  • "Mommy, when you get older, you can drive the ups truck with me"
  • Blane always wants to be involved in our conversations, "What you talking about? What you telling Daddy?"
  • While watching me crack eggs, "Awww, there's a baby bird inside!"
One day, while perusing around Ross, a play saxophone caught Blane's eye. He carried it all around the store until I mentioned to him that we weren't bringing it home with us. I said, "Blane you don't have enough money to pay for it." He reached into his pocket, pulled out a penny, and said, "Yes I do!" I convinced him to leave it behind while we checked out. On our way out the door he said, "Wait Mommy, I have to go kiss the saxophone goodbye!"

Blane is loving his big boy bed. He's so funny in that he won't get out of bed unless we go get him, or yell to him that it's ok to get out of bed : )

Blane has mentioned several times to me that he will be taking the school bus to school this year. Sorry buddy, not now, maybe not ever!

Some favorites: Go Dog Go, Curious George and the Pizza, My God is So BiG, Snazzy album by Go Fish Guys, any Dr. Seuss books, Little Bill tv shows, and we have memorized Prov. 18:10 and Colossians 3:20 as well as My God is So Big

Blane often plays upstairs in the playroom by himself while I'm fixing dinner. One day I hear him yelling that there is a scary man upstairs. His little voice was shaking, and I was worried that someone was in the house. "Mommy, there's a scary man in the dark room!" I ran upstairs to find him pointing at a Shawshank Redemption poster in the media room. He was scared to death of it (funny that he JUST noticed it - been there for years). "Mommy, that was close, that was pretty scary!" Ever since that day, he worries that there is a man in his room at night. Sometimes when he wakes up in the morning, he'll exclaim, "Mommy! There's no scary man in my room!"

Blane still anticipates the garbage man on Monday mornings. Often, we will sit outside and wait for him to come down our street. One morning, after the garbage man had left, Blane asked if we could go for a walk. I told him no, that we still had to eat breakfast. He said, "Mommy, come here, I have to show you something." He walked me down to the For Sale sign in our yard and said to me, "See Mommy - the sign says we. CAN. go. for. a. walk.!"

Poor Scott recently slammed his fingers in the door and was in pain for quite a while. He was holding his fingers and moaning. Blane was so worried for him! A couple minutes later Blane marches into the room, holding his fingers tightly, a grimace on his face, moaning ooowwwww. So sweet and sympathetic!

We were about to head out to run some errands, and Gavin was throwing a serious tantrum. I don't give any attention when my kids through tantrums, I walk away. I set G on the ground, and turned around, and said to myself, "Well, you'll just have to stay here then." (Meaning in this spot, without me holding him) Poor little Blane heard me (and thought I was leaving to run errands and leaving G behind) because he screamed, started crying real tears, ran over to Gavin while still sobbing, tried to pick up G and said, "Mommy, NO! You CAN'T leave baby Gavin!!!" It was the saddest thing I have ever seen. Blane really thought that I was leaving the house without Gavin. I ran over to Blane, picked him up and reassured him that I would NEVER EVER leave him, or baby Gavin. It was a good opportunity to remind him that I will always love them no matter what they do - I was also able to remind him that Jesus loves them even more than I do. His reaction proved to me that I need to be even more aware of what I say and joke about; his little heart is so sweet and sensitive. He is the most caring little boy!


On a bug hunt
Eating ice cream with Daddy
Coloring with Aunt Leslie
He wanted his wrist wrapped like mine
Licking the plate clean
Blane and I in a spaceship



Playing Go Fish







No comments: