Today was a wonderful and special day for Scott and I. We had the privilege of publicly proclaiming that it is our intent to raise our boys to love Jesus and dedicate them to a life of Truth in the gospel. The Body of Christ, our dear friends and family, have been so faithful to walk through life with us - to encourage us, to pray for us, and to love on us!
Every night before heading to bed, I sneak up to Blane and Gavins' rooms. I quietly kneel beside their beds and beg God to draw their little hearts to Him. My prayers for them are often the same - I pray that they:
- develop a zeal for Jesus
- fight for Truth and the gospel
- are warriors for God's kingdom
- are bold and courageous in proclaiming the gospel
- are willing to be used by Jesus to achieve glory for His name
- do what's right when the world calls them to compromise
- are fierce and noble men of character
- nurture and provide for their families
- allow Truth to be written on their hearts
- value the Body of Christ and community
- stand firm in their convictions even through suffering
- honor and cherish women
It is such a high calling to be a parent! I am always in awe that out of all the women in the world, God chose me to be the mother of these two little boys. I often struggle with wanting to be in "control" of their salvation. But then I remember that "no man can redeem the life of another, or give to God a ransom for him..." So I do pray fervently that God woos them to the gospel, and draws them to himself. Until that day I will continue to teach them to love the Lord our God will all their heart with all their soul and will all of their strength. We will talk about it when we sit at home and when we walk along the road, when we lie down and when we get up!


1 comment:
I wish we could have been there to pray with you! You are an amazing mom! Miss you!!
Post a Comment