"Nesting" must be kicking in, because I can't believe that I actually finished this project in time for December 1st. We've always had an advent calendar of sorts, but none that I was too happy with. So after the success of the Thanksgiving Tree, I decided to tackle a new advent calendar as well. I'm really excited to walk through advent using these pockets! We will have scripture readings inside each pocket and will read each night leading up to Christmas Day. We also have an advent wreath with candles that we will light (the boys especially love this!) I'm hoping to upload our daily lessons sometime soon, but truth be told, I will probably write them each day during naptime : )
In order:
Stump of Jesse
Creation
Fall/Sin
Flood
Prince of Peace
Abraham and Sarah
Wreath
Joseph
Ten Commandments
Mighty God
Rahab
Ruth
King of Kings
David
Jonah
Esther
Hammer (born to ordinary family)
Light of the world
Daniel
Joy
Gift
John the Baptist
Angel to Mary
Journey to Bethlehem
Jesus' birthday!
Lessons:

2 comments:
jen, it looks so terrific! professional, really.
I agree... can you make one for me??
Post a Comment