On Friday, November 5th we celebrated three precious years with our sweet Blane! God has more greatly pursued my heart in the past three years through the blessing of this little boy. The treasure that Blane is and the joy that he brings to our family is indescribable. I recently was looking back at previous blogs from November of 2009, just one year ago, and reminiscing
through the pictures - I realized that those events seem like yesterday. Thousands of photos from long ago and I feel like I was behind the lens taking the pictures yesterday. Scott and I recently talked about the day before Blane's birth - we were walking around Canton eating snow cones...so many details about three years ago make it seem like it happened yesterday. In some ways it paralyzes me with sadness to realize how fast time really does go. God even warns us about it! As sad as I am to see the baby/infant years behind us, I am also excited at the little boy Blane is becoming. I love his personality, his caring heart, his slightly reserved nature, his excitement, his zeal, and his love for others. I am so thankful that God chose me to be his mommy! I can't wait to see what mighty things can be accomplished through his little boy heart.
through the pictures - I realized that those events seem like yesterday. Thousands of photos from long ago and I feel like I was behind the lens taking the pictures yesterday. Scott and I recently talked about the day before Blane's birth - we were walking around Canton eating snow cones...so many details about three years ago make it seem like it happened yesterday. In some ways it paralyzes me with sadness to realize how fast time really does go. God even warns us about it! As sad as I am to see the baby/infant years behind us, I am also excited at the little boy Blane is becoming. I love his personality, his caring heart, his slightly reserved nature, his excitement, his zeal, and his love for others. I am so thankful that God chose me to be his mommy! I can't wait to see what mighty things can be accomplished through his little boy heart.
On Thursday we celebrated Blane's birthday with a party at school. We brought Rainbow Rice Krispy treats to share with all of his friends!
Blane and his best school friend, Beck!

On Thursday night, Blane and I made his cookie cake!
Friday morning of his birthday, we made Cinnamon Bun pancakes for breakfast! Blane exclaimed to me that today was November 5th and that he was Three today!


On Friday night we had a low-key celebration at Nanna and Poppop's house. We ate Blane's favorite - hot dogs and chips! Of course we topped that off with cake and ice cream!


Opening presents was super fun!

Blane was sweet enough to let Gavin have a try at the scooter






After dinner and gifts, we bundled up and headed out to the Coppell Cowboys game!

But not before playing "trumpet" on the plunger : )






I love you sweet boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment