I mentioned a few weeks ago that each of our kids has a "life verse" or a particular scripture that we've dedicated to them which helps to guide our prayers for their lives. Several people have asked what those verses are and why..... Picking out verses for my babies is one of the most fun parts of being pregnant!
Blane
Isaiah 43:1 "Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine"
I chose this verse for Blane because one of my biggest fears in beginning a family is knowing that I have absolutely no control over my children's salvation. I pray every day that Jesus would constantly pursue and chase after Blane's little heart, and I pray that he IS summoned by God to live a life glorifying to Him. My biggest prayer is that my kids are HIS kids.
Gavin
Isaiah 25:1 "In perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago"
My scripture for Gavin reminds me that God is faithful and loving and true, especially when I need those things the very most. I didn't know that I would be unable to have any pain medication in my delivery with Gavin, and when you're not expecting or prepared for a sudden change of plans, it can be really scary! But God knew long ago to meet me where I was that day, and I saw God's glory on display throughout my labor in so many ways, especially through my husband. I pray specifically that God reveals to Gavin over his little life the many mighty things that He has planned for him in order to bring honor and glory to Jesus.
Ashley
Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart"
Ashley's verse continually reminds me of God's sovereignty over my life, and her life. She is a sweet surprise to us, but she certainly is no surprise to God. God knew of her little life long before she ever came to be. I pray that she has, in fact, been set apart to live a life that points a sinful world to the saving grace of Jesus.
1 comment:
I love this Jen! My girls have verses that I pray over them each day before bed. They now know their own verse and their sister's.
What a blessing to have God's word spoken over your children!
Post a Comment