Friday, April 8, 2011

Blane and Gavin Updates

My sweetest Blane. He has the most wonderful disposition - loving, kind, tender, affectionate, sensitive, but all BOY at the same time! He loves being outside, riding his scooter or skateboard, playing with the dogs, shooting water guns...but he also loves to read a good book, help me cook, or love on Gavin and Ashley. He is officially done taking afternoon naps (except maybe for soccer game days) and is officially potty trained, day AND night (the nighttime thing took some time!)

-While throwing the ball outside for JB - "Mommy! She's listening to me! She understands me! She listens well! I love my pups!"
-"Mommy, I need a sewing machine that's just my size so that I can make a nap mat for Nanna for her birthday"
-Scott asked Blane where his favorite place in the house is to read a book, he replied "Next to Mommy"
-I was reading him the Easter story book and he asked, "Did they use a hammer for the nails in Jesus' hands and feet? Did it hurt? Does it still hurt?"
-"Mommy, I love you." Why, I asked? "Because of baby Ashley"
-When he noticed kiwi on his plate for lunch - "YES!!!" this boy loves his fruit and veggies!
-While reading him his life verse, "Mommy, God is disobeying, he shouldn't say 'mine'." I let him know that God just wants him to be a part of his family, Blane responded, "But I already have a family!"

Love this little boy and it's beautiful to see the ways that God is wooing Blane to himself!








Sweet Gavin. You are feisty, independent yet dependent, stubborn, strong willed, hilarious, talkative, cuddly at night, purposeful, and just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! I can't believe how big my 'baby' is getting, and it makes me oh so sad. Gavin loves books, cars, crackers, Thomas, Veggie Tales, his scooter, the park, the cul de sac, the trash truck, bugs, dirt, and anything else super boyish. He's pretty attached to his three lovies, his pillow pet, and his blanket. He adores Before the Throne and asks to hear it by saying "Throne song?!" His other favorite is Rock A Bye Baby and he asks me to sing it by saying "Cradle Fall?" He loves to play dress up, he is sweet with babies, he hates to be confined to a booster seat, and we are pretty sure that he will be left handed. He's not fond of being told what to do, but he's great at saying "I'm sorry", or "yes maam", and "thank you". He's phenomenal riding his scooter around the cul de sac, to the park, or on a walk - we've had more comments on his scooter riding capabilities than anything else. Gavin is distraught that he can't go to school with Blane, so we may let him try out preschool in the fall. G is the pickiest eater ever, I'm really not sure how he is thriving! I am so in love with this little guy. Thank you Lord for giving me two of the most different, but most wonderful little boys!








No comments: