I am SO excited in the great interest in praying over our boys! I am praying that the Lord will draw our hearts closer to Him through prayer, and that He will relentlessly pursue the hearts of our children!
After some thought, I think the best way to mutually encourage each other on this prayer journey is through a FB group. I'm hoping that facebook will enable us to be more interactive than a blog would be! You will soon be added to the FB prayer group, so be sure to change any settings required to see posts : )
As we begin this prayer challenge, I want to encourage you to not let the enemy get a foothold! I am already feeling attacked and condemned because I may not be doing this the "right" way. But there's no "right" way to pray for our kids! This experience will be different for each of us, and while I don't want to negate the importance of commitment, I also don't want us to feel inadequate, condemned, or guilty if we don't attack this challenge the "right" way. Our prayers for our kids should bring us JOY and FREEDOM! Some days, one of the ten verses might minister to my heart in a special way - so that day I might pray just the one verse 10 times. Let the Spirit guide you on this journey! There are no rules except to seek the Lord on behalf of your kids.
Some suggestions: (and please let me know yours as well!!!)
-Have your e-book handy, maybe out in the open on the counter where you pass by it several times a day! This will encourage us and remind us of our purpose
-Set an alarm on your phone to pray
-Write out scripture on notecards and post throughout the house
-Pray scripture with and over your kids during the day
Know that I am praying for you! I am so excited that together we can humbly approach our Father's Throne with confidence and certainty!
No comments:
Post a Comment