Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 1 - Obedience

Tomorrow we will be praying scripture over our boys that speaks to obedience…..

I will be the first to admit, that my desire for obedient children has much more to do with how I will be perceived as a parent than it does with training their hearts to be obedient to God. I am praying for my heart to change through prayer tomorrow as well, because ultimately, we are called to raise children to be obedient to the Lord!

Disobedience is an attitude of the heart; it proves that we are sinful by nature and out to satisfy our own desires. This isn’t an issue for my kids alone - I wake up each day battling to desire a relationship with the Lord over other, more worldly things. I’m praying that my boys develop an obedient heart that loves Jesus (John 14:21) and desires Him. Obeying God is intimately linked to loving Him! I desire obedience in my kids because this is the best way to teach them the importance of loving and obeying God and His Word. And if the Father takes obedience seriously, so should I!

I am praying for strength and perseverance as you begin to pray scripture over your boys tomorrow. I am confident that the Lord will boldly pursue our hearts in new ways, even as we direct our focus on our kids!

No comments: