Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 3: Praying for Integrity

We are wrapping up day 2 of prayer over our boys. I love the way that the Lord is writing scripture on my heart, and causing my spirit to rely on Truth! I hope that you are experiencing God in a beautiful way as you pray without ceasing over your boy(s)!

Tomorrow we will be seeking the Lord through verses that speak of integrity! I tell my two boys that integrity is how you act and who you are when no one is looking. My hearts cry is for my boys to be men who are honest - full of integrity, and men who cling to ethic and virtue even when the world tempts them to compromise. I look forward to the day when others will know them for leading a lifestyle that points to Jesus. I anticipate that Truth will penetrate their little hearts and guide them into a rhythm of life that is full of the Gospel!

Psalm 15 will be guiding my heart and desires for my boys tomorrow : ) I just love the Psalms!!!

Psalm 15

A psalm of David.

1 LORD, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
Who may live on your holy mountain?

2 The one whose walk is blameless,
who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from their heart;
3 whose tongue utters no slander,
who does no wrong to a neighbor,
and casts no slur on others;
4 who despises a vile person
but honors those who fear the LORD;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
and does not change their mind;
5 who lends money to the poor without interest;
who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.

Whoever does these things
will never be shaken.

No comments: