So many times a day I catch myself praying Psalm 40 over several loved ones. I pray that God will not delay to rescue from the dominion of darkness, and from foolishness! This has caused in me a deep desire for my boys to be wise in the ways of the Lord, and not be tempted into foolishness. I long for them to be purposeful in the way they live, because the days are evil. The Word promises that time is fleeting. We have such little time to live in a way that is wise and honoring to the Gospel. I am praying that my boys will grasp the value of living wisely and in such a way that points others to the saving power of the cross!
I pray that the Lord relentlessly pursues the hearts of my boys! I pray that the Spirit is gracious to reveal sin in their lives, and that through repentance their spiritual growth and sanctification is continual, leading them to a way of life that looks more and more like Jesus everyday!
The wise man fears God, and obeys Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment