Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Blane - Four Years Old!

Oh my dear, sweet Blane, what a treasure you are!

Several times a day you charm me with "Mommy, I have a question..." and you proceed to ask very challenging, deep thinker type questions. You keep me on my toes.

Hugs and kisses are still very much a part of everyday life with you. Praise Jesus for that.

"Mommy, I'm going to marry you. Because you need another baby, and because I love you." - has to be the sweetest thing I've ever heard.

"Yes mommy, I am going to keep growing up, but I promise to always be your boy" - I'm holding you to this one, don't ever forget!

You are learning more everyday what it means to love Jesus and to live as you profess. You belt out hymns at the top of your lungs, and you remind Gavin not to be scared because God is always with us. You memorize and recite verses with ease and excitement.

You sneak into Gavins room after bedtime to play, and when I ask you to get back in YOUR bed, you sadly weep, "But I just want to play with Gavin..." You love your brother and your sister!

Your biggest accomplishments towards the end of your third year were writing your name and pumping the swing independently. You are SO proud of your accomplishments, and we are so proud of you!

You are desperate to be big and I am desperate for you to still be my baby. Time is slipping so quickly through my fingers. The more I try to clench my fist and hold you tight the more time I've lost. I have found the pause button, though. Sometimes I stop, and soak you in, and in the smallest of moments I thank the Lord for the gracious gift he gave us in you. It does seem - that in giving thanks, and with a grateful heart, I can more greatly absorb the simple moments that I want to hold onto forever.

I love being your mommy. There is absolutely nothing else in the world that I would rather do. I hope that I am living this life worthy of God's calling. I hope that I am shepherding you, loving you, and growing you into the Truth that Jesus is all you will ever need. He loves you infinitely more that Mommy or Daddy ever could!

Sweet four year old Blane,
May you love the Lord your God, walking in all his ways, holding fast to him,
May you be strong, courageous, rooted, and built up in him
That you would be like a tree planted by the water, not fearing when the heat comes
May your leaves remain green and you never cease to bear fruit.
Oh that you would find full joy forever in the presence of your Creator
And that in Jesus, you will shine like the stars in the universe.


School birthday party!
Breakfast do-nuts
waiting patiently for your present
your first "real" guitar
your restaurant of choice - Five Guys
birthday iced cookie pops


1 comment:

Julia said...

I love that prayer for Blane - I'm totally stealing it :-)