Friday, February 3, 2012

Project 365- Day 25

Yesterday I wrestled with anger and selfishness towards my kids. I lacked self-control in discipline and I struggled to display tenderness, compassion, and love. Its the stuff we don't like to talk about, in fact we don't want to admit what we could be capable of, what our heart is like in it's natural state. But because of Jesus I grasped at each opportunity to walk in repentance before my kids. I hope that the day was somewhat redeemed as I attempted to model what repentance, reconciliation, and forgiveness looks like. Yes, I asked for their forgiveness multiple times. Actually, I ask for their forgiveness daily. I hope they see a Mamma who needs Jesus just as much as they do.

Thanks to some wonderful girlfriends who diligently pray on my behalf, today was grace filled. I am thankful that we can confidently approach the Throne and seek help in times of need. And I'm thankful that He is faithful to make all things new.

No comments: