How can I pretend that I'm not a little teary about my baby girl turning one? Time, where do you go? I wanted so bad to give my last baby, my only girl a bash of a first birthday party - but in the end, I couldn't justify it. I gave myself permission to do something low key, but super special; and special it was. With only four guests, we were able to focus on and enjoy the birthday girl instead of being pressured to entertain a slew of people. It was perfect. We ate quiche and sausage pancakes on a stick, drank pink princess punch, and enjoyed cake, cookies, and presents; all with our sweet family!
Every day of this last year I praised God for the sweet gift of my kids, and the precious surprise of Ashley. What a delight she is. Fun loving, bashful, sweet, cuddly, always smiley and happy - she has certainly added a new element of joy in our home. We so adore this sweet one! What an honor and a privilege it is to parent and shepherd her! Happy first birthday little girl!!!
She is learning to love her dolls!

Probably one of my favorite pictures taken of her this year!
Scott helping me ice her cake : )
Rainbow cake!

Drinking princess punch out of mason jars, pioneer woman style

Our little birthday table
Display of her monthly photos throughout the year
Mommy and Ashley
Nanna and Poppop and Ashley

Daddy and his girl

Grammie, Grandaddy, and Ashley

Taking a romp through the yard before birthday dinner
Being bashful while we sing to her
Blowing out her candle
Slicing the cake!
"WWWhhhhaaatttt is this?!"

I'd rather eat cookies!

Gavin loves the cake!!!

After bath time, present time!

Getting a hug from her brother
"Ooooh, I LOVE pink crocs! Let me make sure they're my size"

Book are the best

Silly Blane


Checking out her new chair

Playing at her new water table
lovely girl

I love her backside : ) And look at how little she is compared to the boys!

No comments:
Post a Comment