Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Project 365 - Day 43

No picture to accompany this post : (

Boy naptime is a rarity in this house. While they are required to "rest" in their rooms, it is more likely that they will end up jumping on the bed, sleeping over in the others' room, fighting off the bad guys, dressing up as any number of sports characters (swimmer, cowboy, Dallas cowboy, soccer player, baseball player etc), or any other sorts of trouble they can drum up. I'm often surprised that the roof hasn't caved in on me during "rest time". Their antics are hysterical!

Yesterday, to my surprise, it was unusually quiet, until two rambunctious boys came barreling down the stairs, naked as could be, shouting "Mommy, mommy, come see what WE did!!" I was instructed to close my eyes, take their little hands in mine to be led upstairs. I followed instructions (although scared out of my mind at what I might open my eyes to).

Lo and behold, I opened my eyes to their boy bathroom, sparkling clean. Yes, they had removed every item from the floor, the counter, the tub. They sneakily located the cleaning supplies under the cabinet (simple lysol wipes, don't call CPS on me!) and proceeded to wipe down every inch of their (eeerrrr - totally nasty/disgusting) bathroom. Needless to say, I was proud, but they were prouder. I love their little hearts - "Mommy, we wanted to wash the bathroom so that you didn't have to" Blane explained to me. "Mommy, while Gavin and I were washing the tub I told him how proud you would be of us!"

**Edit - I was so bummed to not have captured a pic yesterday, but alas, they deemed the bathroom in need of an additional clean today, thus, picture time! Today, while everything in me wanted to command them back to their rooms for rest, I couldn't help but melt when Blane exclaimed "But we are making it clean for Daddy - he will be SO proud of us!"

Yes my sweet boys, we are so proud of you and your hard work!

No comments: