Thursday, July 26, 2012

Kenya -Day 2

About one o'clock this morning (Colorado time) I received a text from Scott that he was about to board a plane in Holland for the second leg of his trip to Nairobi. Then at 11 am (Thursday) morning I got to hear Scott's voice on the phone letting me know he and the guys arrived in Nairobi safely. Over the next couple hours I see text blurbs like this one:

"I think the US should get rid of traffic lanes just like Nairobi! Haha this driving is awesome!!" - and there you go, a little glimpse into the world of Scott :)

There is a nine hour time differential so as I'm blogging the guys are headed to bed to recoup some sleep. You'll see in the picture below their sleeping accommodations which I was surprised to see are quite nice! I guess I was suspecting mosquito nets and straw houses but clearly, what do I know?!

Blane and Gavin said hi to their Daddy on speakerphone and afterward there was no wiping the smiles form their faces or dimples from their cheeks. They are Daddy's boys that's for sure!!

No comments: