Friday, July 27, 2012

Kenya - Day 3

I will go ahead and accurately conclude that Scott is having a great time thousands of miles away. The inflection in his voice gives away his excitement..... as does his increasing word count during our conversations which is usually not part of his DNA :) Hearing the delight in his sweet voice affirms that he is exactly where the Lord wants him this week!

Today the guys took part in the Kenya Baptist Seminary graduation. Scott hung out with some of the kiddos who were enthralled with his watch and his iPad. He enjoyed their giggles and laughter at viewing pictures of themselves on his computer. The guys also headed in town to the "mall" to pick up some necessities for their stay. Apparently the scarves and necklaces are beautiful :) Scott engaged their driver in a "security" conversation and gained a lot of insight into the turmoil and threats the country faces.

You'll see in one of the pictures below a bungalow where Scott and Casey are living for the week. Quite a nice little cinder block building! You will also see a picture of Scott on the plane enroute to Kenya as well as a couple snapshots from graduation today!

I

1 comment:

Steph said...

Oh my goodness! I love these updates! I've seen a few of the pictures but not all. They're great!

Thanks for posting! Miss you guys!