Sunday, February 17, 2008

Girls Weekend in Houston (and Blane too)

Daddy and Grandaddy are both out of town on fun boys trips this weekend, so Blane and I decided to travel to Houston for a girls weekend. We had the very best time! We shopped, ate tons of food and sweets, shopped, watched girly movies, shopped, did tons of arts and crafts projects, oh and did I mention shopping?


One of our arts and crafts projects was to make a special outdoor decoration for Tiffany's upcoming shower. Below is a picture of what we made....haha, just kidding, I can't post a picture of it until after April 5th!!!!
PIC OF TIFF'S DECOR WILL GO HERE
Mom has two baby showers to attend so I showed her how to make a diaper wreath and a diaper cake. The wreath was made gender neutral because the mom is waiting to find out the sex of the baby! But, I made the diaper cake really girly for the second shower that mom is attending.


I found this adorable rocking chair for Blane at a consignment store here in the Woodlands. He looks like such a big boy in it!
A cute picture of mom and Blane (no, moms feet really aren't that big, it's just the angle of the picture)


Mom decided to buy Blane a booster seat for when he comes to visit. He really likes to sit up at the table with us!
Life is hard being a little boy superhero

Blane...after a night of emotional eating with two women

It's exhausting spending an entire weekend with girls!

4 comments:

Justin said...

If Blane can handle a weekend with the women, he's ready to take on the world:)

Zack, Ashlee and Reese said...

What a cute story about your weekend! It looks like Blane had a super fun time and it looks like he has gotten bigger!!! Oh, and the diaper cake and wreath are so adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

those diaper wreaths and the cake are so great! I'll have to try and figure those out the next time I'm attending (or, at some point, having) a baby shower! Where do you FIND these things! :)

Anonymous said...

those diaper wreaths and the cake are so great! I'll have to try and figure those out the next time I'm attending (or, at some point, having) a baby shower! Where do you FIND these things! :)