I've been having such a hard time with Blane's shoes lately. He definitely needs them now...he's not wanting to sit nicely with me anymore when we are out and about, (you know, waiting at the doctor's office etc.) he would much rather be standing next to me. But eeewwww, there's no way that I am letting his bare feet touch the floor when we're in an unknown environment. Thus, shoes have become the necessity. So a couple of posts back I took a picture of some Shaq tennis shoes that picked up at Walmart. So cute, but apparently SO uncomfortable! He hated those shoes and would always try to take them off. So over the weekend I decided it was time to have him fitted for a good pair of first walking shoes. We headed over to Stride Rite. We had so much fun playing with the other babies and looking at all the cool shoes. The nice lady that measured his feet announced that he is a size 4 and he is between wide and extra-wide. Well no wonder the size 2 regular shoes were uncomfortable! Yikes! We picked up a great pair of shoes to last us a good 3-4 months and through the end of the Texas heat wave! I was told that babies tend to go up a shoe size every three months...so we'll see! I think that we will add some Stride Rite tennis shoes in size 5 to his birthday list.

1 comment:
What cute shoes! We just wanted to make a recommendation for some super cute, perfect baby walking shoes you can design yourself. Check out www.preschoolians.com. We've designed some really awesome boots for Reese. I think they're the most flexible, barefoot like shoes we've found. That and bobux.com. We can't wait to see you guys next week. We'll be able to make it for sure!
Post a Comment