This past month has brought changes in Blane that I was not expecting! His physical changes have slowed way down, but his little brain is on a mentally changing rampage! It seems like every second of every day brings something new, something different. I've always thought of myself as pretty patient and laid back, but those words are taking on new meaning. Although discipline is much more of a must now, my little boy is still sweet as ever. He loves to kiss (something he learned seeing daddy kissing mommy on the lips) and he also loves to share. At first I thought that he was just passive, letting his friends take toys from him and not throwing a fit at all. But lately I've noticed that he takes his toys to others for them to play with. How thoughtful and sweet! I'm hoping that his sweet and loving characteristics are here to stay, but I won't hold my breath on the sharing part : ) He still loves to read, and I'm almost positive that I've read every book he owns at least 100 times....each day! He's so interested in learning and I love his curious spirit! He has even become more cuddly recently. He will sit in my lap for hours if we are reading or watching Sesame Street (or if we are sharing a sweet treat!). As sweet as little Blane is, it seems like some days he is equally defiant - how can that be? He clearly knows right from wrong, and sometimes he is just completely disobedient. We had started spanking, but I quickly decided that he is too young to reason through why he is being hit, and why it's ok for mommy and daddy to hit him, but not for him to hit us. So this week we have started time out. We've had to use time out three times and it seems to be working well! Consistency seems to be key, so hopefully this will work well for the time being. Discipline is so hard! I never thought my cute little baby could be so blatantly disobedient. I get caught up in the thought that if he loved me, surely he wouldn't disobey this way! What a great picture to describe the way that God feels about me!
Let's see, what else is new? His 12th tooth (another molar!) just came in last week. He's eating better than ever, lots of fruit and veggies. Lately he has taken to oranges and bell peppers, raw! He really enjoys trying to feed himself with a spoon or fork. This creates quite the mess, but nothing that JuneBug and Ranger aren't willing to help clean up. Blane is really advances at identifying objects around the house, at the grocery store, on tv, etc. He's so smart and he really comprehends so much more than I realize. The other funny thing that he has started doing is yelling "SSSCCCOOOTTTT" at the top of his lungs! This all started the other day when I was soaking in the bubble bath. I wanted Scott to bring me a book so I started yelling his name hoping that he would hear me. Blane just thought my yelling for his daddy was so funny and now often yells Scott's name from across the room. Silly boy.
Grammie and Grandaddy were able to visit last Saturday afternoon. Blane has really taken to the men in his life. Grandaddy, Poppop, Uncle Conley, and of course Daddy are his favorite people. It really is interesting how you are drawn to your "own kind". It makes me so thankful that Blane has such a wonderful earthly father who constantly strives to show him characteristics of his heavenly Father.
1 comment:
Who are JuneBug and Ranger?? Will they come to my house and clean up messes, too??!! Your boy is fabulous - and I love hearing about the crazy things that kid will eat!
Post a Comment