Sunday, January 18, 2009

Overdue 14 Month Update

Blane turned 14 months old on Jan 5th! Blane's vocabulary and general understanding of everything in the world around him has really taken off in the last month or so! It is so hilarious the things that he is picking up on that we aren't even trying to teach him. For instance, he's had a bad cough lately and all the sudden he started covering his mouth with his hand when he would cough. I guess he sees me doing it and he's copying me! So now that I praise him for it he thinks it's a fun game. He fake coughs all the time and is proud of himself for covering his mouth. He'll even put his hand up to my mouth and he wants me to cough into it! Haha. The other funny thing he started is trying to put his sippy cup under the ice/water dispenser of our fridge. I know that he's seen me do that I time or two! I guess that he's pretending to fill up his cup like mommy does for him! He is learning new words each and every day. Every time I leave him at the church or MOPS nursery they tell me all the new things he learned to say while he was there. Crazy! Suddenly, about a week ago he began to put together whole sentences, with inflection and everything! It sounds something like this: "Amahha mo aheeha guaserelkjs??" We have no idea what he's saying which is so sad because he definitely thinks that he's having a conversation with us. He can identify lots of body parts too. Hair, ear, eyes, nose, tongue, chin, and foot...so far. Poor guy now has 11 teeth and a 12th on the way. Those four molars are HUGE and they hurt him so bad! I can't wait until all those teeth are in! He is still sleeping 12 hours at night and taking one or two naps during the day. He eats three meals and two snacks a day...his favorites include yogurt drinks, french toast, oatmeal, peanut butter, apples, cucumber, cheetos, and more!
Look at this crazy morning hair!

He loves to wear our clothes, this is my jacket he has on

Scott sent me roses - Blane likes to smell them!

Blane thought it would be fun to sit in the dog toy box. Please excuse the dirty window in the background!

So cute after a haircut

Goodnight!

No comments: