Oh Blane Scott Patterson! You are growing up too fast! Blane is such a big boy now, and he's my much needed little helper. He especially loves to help out with his baby Gavin. He will hand me diapers, burp cloths, paci's etc. and he loves to help me put things in the trash can. If Gavin starts crying or fussing, Blane yells "Mommy paci!!!" He is always very concerned about his baby. Blane is also a good helper with the laundry and with picking up dog poop in the yard. Might as well start them early right?! He is becoming very bossy with the dogs as well. He yells for Ranger and will demand that she sit or stay, and he will tell her "NO!" when her licks become annoying. His vocabulary continues to multiply at an hourly rate. No joke. For now, I have a talker on my hands which is good considering that I live with all boys! Hopefully that continues through the teen and adult years : ) Blane is learning to put all of his new found words together into sentences and as I'm typing this he just told Ranger "No, go away!" Haha. Blane love to take random toys to bed with him these days. My headband is still a favorite as is his play ice cream cone, a baseball, and a bottle cap. He is still completely obsessed with the Wonder Pets, in fact Ming Ming goes to bed often with him as well. Blane is still a fantastic eater and he's even eating all sorts of meats, finally! His favs are pork chops and steak. I have a feeling that he will have expensive taste like his daddy ; ) I have found over the past several months that Blane gets bored and cooped up when we sit at home all day. A trip to the grocery store used to be interesting enough as a daily outing, but not anymore. So, we make time everyday for the park, a friends house, or our own backyard (even in the 102 degree heat). Getting Blane outside and active has made a huge difference! Blane is learning to count to 10 and to recite his ABC's, both of which he is SO good at! And he can identify a triangle, a circle, and a square! Another favorite is prayers at night with Daddy. He loves to close his eyes and say "amen!" when the prayer is over. What a special time to spend with Daddy and learn about Jesus. It's just so crazy that the itty bitty baby that I once could cuddle close with has grown into such a big and smart toddler! I couldn't imagine life being any better than spending everyday with two of the sweetest little boys! I am so thankful that two of God's children are on loan to me for a little while....and I pray that he draws them close to Him, and that they are bold and courageous warriors for His kingdom!

**also forgot to mention that Blane stuck a BB pellet up his nose this month, and that one of his funny activities is "pumping".
No comments:
Post a Comment