Saturday, September 5, 2009

Blane: 22 Months

It is so hard for me to believe that in just 8 shorts weeks, my sweet little baby will be TWO years old! I feel like I just announced that I was pregnant with him! He is changing and growing each and every day - it's so much fun to watch and be a part of! I am so, so thankful that I am home with my kids!


Talking - Every month I mention his language development and it continues to expand! His associations, pronunciation, and everything else is getting better and better! He loves to talk on the phone these days, and he can actually hold a conversation! My mom called the other day so I put the phone up to Blane's ear. He told her "owie on finger" so she asked him how he got his owie. Blane replied, "waffle owie!" because he burned his finger on the toaster when he was trying to get the waffle out.


Usually when I'm getting ready in the morning's I will let him lay in my bed and watch an episode of Wonder Pets. So upon getting him up one morning he asked me, "Wonder Pets, bedroom?"

We are also learning the alphabet and counting to 10. He loves to sing the alphabet song and he asks to listen to the "EFG" song whenever we get into the car. I bought him an alphabet and numbers puzzle which he loves to do! Many times I've caught him counting his toys...he'll say, "three, two, one!" Some of his other favorite songs to sing are This Little Light of Mine, Pop Goes the Weasel, How Much is that Doggy in the Window, and of course Wee Willie Winkie. Oh, and any Wonder Pet song he knows and will sing along to!


Blane has a habit of performing roll call and asking where everyone he knows is. He always asks for Grammie, Grandaddy, Homer, Nanna, Poppop, Alice, Meow, Daddy - and I'll tell him what everyone is up to. Often he will ask about my brother, Conley. Blane will ask, "Conney?" and I often respond that he is working in Florida. Today Blane asked where Conley was and I only replied that he was probably at work today. Blane thought about that and then said, "Florida?"!!!

Blane loves to say prayers at mealtime and bedtime. He always asks, "Amen?"

Blane loves to read! He has lots of favorite books, but the picture books in particular are still high on the fav list. He will actually read to me! He will sit in my lap and identify everything that he sees in his picture books!

Pretend Play - Blane is loving to pretend play these days! His two favorite things to do are to play "daddy/mommy" and to pretend like he's cooking in the kitchen. He also loves to play trash man! Sometimes when I'm working in the nursery at church, I will spy on Blane in the next room. I always see him holding the baby dolls or pushing them around in the shopping carts. Then at a friend's house the other night he was rocking and burping the baby (like he sees mommy doing with Gavin) and he would lay the doll under a blanket and announce, "Baby, nap!"

But he also loves to play kitchen. He always asks me to come sit at his little table and he will "cook" and feed me. He even likes to bring his pots (really MY kitchen pots) in the car with us wherever we go!

We were outside recently when the trashman came by to pick up trash. I explained to Blane all about trashmen and he decided that he wants to be one! He loves to push around his dump trucks and fill them up with junk and say, "trashman! trashman!"

Blane still loves to play golf and he also now loves softball. His favorite thing to watch on tv are golf tournaments and he will mimic exactly how the players swing. He will say, "Get it in the hole!"

Blane still loves anything that he can wear on his hat or his arm. He always wants to sleep with these accessories too!

Big Brother - Blane loves, loves, loves being a big brother. He is so loving and attentive to Gavin. Today when Gavin was fussing Blane ran to him and said, "hold you, hold you!" Blane went and sat on the couch and I laid Gavin in his lap. He was still a little fussy so Blane said, "Paci?" He also loves to try and help me carry Gavin out to the car in his car seat. This is such a funny sight because Gavin in his car seat is SO heavy already! Blane also loves to bring baby his lovie bear - so sweet!

Sleeping - Blane is typically sleeping about 11 hours at night and taking a two hour nap during the day. Hopefully, this will continue on a while longer!

Eating - He is still a pretty good eater. Some of his favorite foods include pork chop, steak, cucumber, bell pepper, edamame, and frozen fruit.

Well, we've decided that Blane will definitely go off to preschool next year so I've been doing lots of researching! We will start visiting schools in Jan and have him registered by March. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about him in big boy school!!!

We love our two boys so much and are so grateful for each and every month that we are with them!












1 comment:

Julia said...

So cute that he calls it the "EFG" song... I remember Nora always said, "ABCD's".