Gavin is the sweetest little guy there ever was! I adore this little guy and can't get enough of him! I can't believe that he is already 4 months old, the baby stage is whizzing by! Why can't they just stay little forever?
We had our four month checkup today! Gavin is 15 lbs 3 oz (50%), his height is 26 1/4" (90%), and his head circumference is 16 1/4" (25%). Everything checked out great except for his flat head. We will have the shape re-checked in a month.
Gavin is getting so strong and can sit up really well when we hold him! He found his feet this month and is constantly holding onto them or playing with them. He ventured into the big boy swing outside this month which is really fun because he and Blane can swing next to each other! Gavin is awake much more throughout the day and is always alert and interested in what's going on around him. I started giving him a little rice cereal this month and he really likes it! He sure thinks it's funny and he's actually doing really well at swallowing! His favorite food is still mommy milk and he nurses 5 or 6 times a day.
Our other new adventure is rolling over. What's weird is that he will roll from back to front (the hard way) but not from front to back. Just this last week he's started sleeping on his stomach which makes mommy nervous! Gavin is definitely thumb sucker number two! He loves his thumb and sucks so hard on it that you can hear him from outside the bedroom.
As for sleeping, well we just don't really have a normal pattern. There were two or three weeks there where he slept from 8:30-7:30 every single night. Then, this last week he started waking up again around 4 to eat. Last night though, he slept from 7:30-7! Hopefully we're back on a good night sleeping routine. It's hard to get up at 4 am again when you're used to sleeping through the night! As for naps, Gavin is a great napper. He usually takes three good naps a day of about 1 or 1 and 1/2 hours.
Overall, Gavin is a very happy baby! He's very content and we don't hear much out of him unless he's tired or hungry and even then it's just a small whimper. We get so many smiles and precious sweet moments these days. My favorite thing to do with Gavin is to rock him at night. I love the smell of fresh baby shampoo in his hair, his soft skin and the smell of baby lotion, and the fresh clean scent of Tide detergent on his pj's. I know that my days of cuddling him against my chest will not last. Some nights I'm so tired and just want to get to bed myself but still I stay in Gavin's room and hold onto him just a little longer. I will never forget what Moses said about numbering our days in Psalm 90. I love my sweetest baby and my sweet big boy so very much. I am missing nothing out of life!

No comments:
Post a Comment