Thursday, December 31, 2009

Close Call on Christmas Day!

I have decided that life with boys in going to be a series of dirt, bugs, sweat, and ER visits! I'm not sure if I blogged about it, but earlier in the year we had a scare with Blane...we thought he had swallowed staples and had to take him to the ER for x-rays. Luckily, he was fine, and there were NO staples! Or the time when Blane walked on hot concrete with no shoes on and blistered his feet. Well Gavin decided to give us a scare on Christmas day when he face planted onto stone floor. We thought he was so cute sitting in Blane's new shopping cart (a very sturdy shopping cart I might add) and while the four of us were taking pictures, Gavin started to pull up, (which is why my reaction to save him wasn't immediate - he was about to pull up??!!!!! --I couldn't believe it!) which caused the cart to tip over. Poor little guy landed smack onto his face and cried severely, as you can imagine! It was such a traumatic event for baby and mommy!!! Luckily, we are convinced that his helmet suffered the brunt of the fall which prevented any serious injury! Of course I felt SO guilty and responsible! But these scares are a good reminder that God is in control, and He loves our children even more than we do! We went ahead and took Gavin to the ER after several hours of crying to have him checked out. Peace of mind is always a good thing for me! I'm so happy to say that within two days he was back to his sweet, happy self!



No comments: