Monday was the BIG day! Gavin finally had his DOC band officially removed. It was really fun to see the before and after photos; it is truly amazing what this little helmet was able to do! We are really thankful to the folks at Cranial Technologies!

The "bank robber" look - this helps the tech to get a better photo of his head shape

And just a couple of additional updates on Gavin since my last post:- I don't know if I would call it crawling, but he's definitely creeping around with more and more ease. This sweet little baby is going to be into EVERYTHING, asap!
- Blane didn't grasp the concept of drinking from a straw for a while. Gavin, however, saw the straw, grabbed the straw, drank the drink - first time, first try, no problem. Between Blane and Gavin both now being interested in straws, this will be a problem for MY drinks!
- Gavin is easily in Blane's old 12 months clothes. Keep in mind people that he just turned 9 months, and the doctor's are telling me that he is underweight. If that makes sense to anyone else, pleas enlighten me!
- Speaking of 12 month clothes, part of the fun of having two kids of same gender is the hand me downs. I love to reminisce when Gavin wears something that it seems Blane just outgrew. Fun!
- Having kids has taught me more about where my true joy should be coming from than anything else ever has! When I place my hope and my joy in my kids, I am always disappointed. When I am hopeful and joyful in Jesus, I am never disappointed! Lately I have felt rejected and to be honest, a little unloved since Gavin has decided that he's not as interested in nursing. I'm pretty sure that it is partly due to teething and congestion, but the fact that he fights me and turns away from me hurts my feelings : ( So I'm trying hard not to compare him to other babies, and trying to remember that God created him unique. Whatever personality traits Gavin has that is causing him to be more independent, are traits that God specifically formed in Gavin, and ultimately those unique traits will be used one day to somehow bring glory to Him.
1 comment:
great post! :) JMS is in 12 to 18 month clothes as well - and 18 month pants for sure! I don't know how they would say he is under weight!?!?! Doctors...
And remember...my little guy rejected me at 4 months!!! 4 months!!! He would scream if I held him sideways - he thought I was going to feed him! sooooo hurt my feelings!!! Ohhhhh babies!
Post a Comment