Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Doctor's Visit

Gavin went to visit the doctor today for his one year well check (oops, we were a whole month late!). I love these visits - it's so fun to see how they've grown and changed! Gavin weighed in at 21 lbs, 31" tall, with a head circumference of 45 1/4 cm. That's 10% percentile, 75% percentile, and 10% percentile respectively. Gavin still only has his two little bottom teeth, but Dr. Terk confirmed what I already knew, that FOUR more are on there way. That being said, this child has a seriously high pain tolerance. Doesn't fuss when teething, hardly cried during shots, and when he's tackled to the ground by Blane, he laughs instead of cries. Little tough guy!

I was curious to see how Blane was developing at 13 months: 22lbs, already had SEVEN teeth, and was just learning to drink from a straw (something G mastered ions ago). It's pretty cool to see how they are developing, different, yet the same. I love to see how two little boys, with the same genes can be so uniquely different - it's a true testament to the character and qualities of our Savior! I so love these little guys. I love them each the same way and at the same time I love them each in different ways. I really never anticipated having two BOYS; but I love it and I wouldn't have it any other way!

I love you my sweet little baby boys. Don't grow up yet, ok?

No comments: