Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fall Is Officially Here!

The weather is no indication, but our schedules prove that Fall has arrived! Things get hectic and busy as soon as September arrives, and I love it that way! It's so nice to have some routine back into our weeks. Blane will be in school Tues. and Thurs., women's bible study begins next week, lifegroups begin next week, and thankfully walking commences next week as well! I'm also super excited about Fall academics and arts/crafts here at the house! I think we are going to step it up a notch this year! Blane continues to love books, even lengthy ones without pictures - so we are going to start some chapter books like Charlotte's Web and Ramona the Pest. (There are so many FUN books that I can't wait to read - the Hardy Boys, The Boxcar Children, Amelia Bedelia, too bad he probably wouldn't like The Babysitters Club) Blane also enjoys listening to poetry so we'll continue our book When We Were Very Young by A. A. Milne, which we read at night. I also want to branch out from our everyday Country and Christian music to incorporate Classical, so "Classics for Kids" is now at the top of the playlist! We are also going to move on from the baby wooden puzzles to 10-25 piece floor puzzles for toddlers - super fun and challenging! I'm excited to emphasize at home what he learns at school - letter, number, shape, and color of the day! Gavin cracks me up because he always wants to do exactly what Blane does, so we will see how the sweet baby of the family takes to the advancement! Oh how I love being a stay at home mommy! So thankful that I have a husband who believes in it and a God who has been faithful to provide for it!

No comments: