The other day we were at Walmart checking out the big boy clothing section, looking for some items for our Christmas Angel. Blane wandered into the big girl section, found a cute pair of pink pajama pants and exclaimed, "Mommy, we need to buy these for Ashley!" I replied that they may be a little too big. "Well what can we bring home for her then?"
While feeling Ashley move in my belly one night, "Mommy, is Ashley wearing shoes?"
"Mommy, where is there a rocking chair for me to rock my baby?" - he then heads up to Gavins room to rock his baby lovie.
"Mommy, Jesus is calling..." Then I hear him on the phone talking to Jesus and asking, "What's God doing?"
While he and Daddy were working on Ashley's room, "Mommy, we are doing man work!"
After tucking him into bed one night I hear him yelling that I needed to come back to his room. "Why?" I asked. "Because you're my friend"
While not feeling well recently - "Mommy, my tummy is sad and that's why I'm crying."
Gavin was recently repeating his new favorite word YEA (but saying it as if he was from Office Space) over and over. "Mommy, I taught him to say yea!"
I heard Blane talking outside and assumed he was asking me a question so I asked, "What did you say Blane?" He replied, "Nothing, I'm just talking to Gavin"
After not napping one day, "Thanks for my nap Mommy! I had a good nap!"
Grammie to Blane, "Blane, what do you think Ashley will look like?" Blane thinks about it a bit and replies, "A princess!"
Blane often comes down to our room before we are quite awake, so he makes himself a little cot on the floor at the foot of the bed and waits until we get out of bed : ) Blane also has two lovies that he's had since he was born. It's always been a big issue that BOTH lovies have to make their way to bed with him. But recently, one lovie has been completely rejected because it lost its little bow ribbon. SO SAD!
Blane is just simply funny! He's a jokester, but really very sensitive, sweet, and shy. He loves school, his friends, church, and loves his brother. He's already fond of Ashley and includes her in everyday things we are doing - he will be a great big brother to his little sister : ) Blane still wants to hold G and rock him at night which is getting hard to do! He's exerting his independence and testing boundaries, which is so typical, and I pray that Jesus is pursuing his little heart everyday. Blane LOVES our advent calendar, and is starting to ask lots of questions. He really enjoys crafts, coloring, play dough, etc. He will even randomly ask me if we can go to Hobby Lobby!!! Oh Blane, everyday with you becomes more and more fun! I love you dearly with all of my heart and I can't wait to see what mighty things your Creator has in store for you to accomplish for Him!
Shooting guns at Cabellas

Rock climbing
Ice Cream!
With his best bud Turner

Golfing with Daddy
Helping to fix Ashley's room

Golfing, what else?

And...more ice cream!

1 comment:
I love these kinds of posts! They say the BEST things! Blane is so adorable!!!
Post a Comment