Sadly, I've neglected blogging about sweet little Ashley's progress in utero. Praise Jesus that it's been uneventful enough not to be the forefront of my mine, but nevertheless, I had hoped to do a little more journaling through these 9 months! So here we are, at 32 weeks - only 8 weeks to go! It has literally FLOWN by this time, and I find myself wishing that my due date were farther out because I have so much to do before her arrival! At the same time, I am anxious to meet her, hold her in my arms, dress her in pink, and paint her teeny tiny nails. I sometimes wonder if I am equipped enough to handle the challenge of three under the age of three, and I have to remind myself of God's truth that he will carry me and gently lead me! The Lord has graciously provided for us in ways that we never could have imagined, especially over the last month, and I am confident that He will continue to lead us from a family of four, to a family of five! Things have been super busy in our household in the new year, and they will continue to be as we wait for Ashley's arrival. Blane is in school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Ladies Bible Study is Tuesday mornings, Lifegroup Thursday nights, Redemption Sunday nights, and of course there is the serious task of nesting that is ongoing! All of this combined make for days and weeks that vanish all too quickly. I am working hard to complete her room! Her crib and bedding are set up as is her dresser, paint, curtains, and one wall decoration. I still need to finish wall decor and I would love to have queen bedding by the time she arrives - we'll see about that. With the many winter sales in stores, I have been able to get her some dirt cheap steals - for when she's 12 months or older - yay! It's really fun to start seeing cute little pink things in her closet! I've even purchased two pairs of girlie shoes that were clearanced - granted she can't wear them until she's two or three - but still! Blane still talks about Ashley often and wonders when she will make her grand appearance! We have had fun spending lots of time in her room talking about her; he is already a very loving big brother. I'm feeling well- she is always on the move which makes me happy. But she must be sitting heavy on top of my bladder because I'm up to the bathroom every two hours or so at night. God is good to prepare us early for sleepless nights, right?! I did happen to fall down the stairs this morning while holding Gavin and was really afraid my water had broken. Alas, it was just a simple bladder malfunction - ha! You would be hard pressed to find many pictures of me pregnant with the boys, but this time I have diligently taken a belly pic every single week. It's pretty crazy to see the changes! I'm still craving spicy food, oranges, and apples and apple dip...but that's pretty much it. My doctors appointments are bi monthly now and they really should just be referred to as weight checks! I'm not anticipating more sonograms before her arrival, although I might ask just because I want to see that sweet little baby! So, that's about all the news there is! Hopefully I'll get room pictures posted in the next two weeks!
1 comment:
I love all the updates on the kids! They are soooo cute! I can't believe there is going to be another Patterson in less than 2 months. Hope nursery pics are soon to come. Love you!
Post a Comment