Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter 2011

Oh Easter - you are my favorite holiday! But I am pretty disappointed that I didn't do THE most important day of the year much justice. I could blame it on having a newborn, a husband who is traveling a lot, or our move to Houston in just four weeks. But all of that would be blame shifting and truth be told, I've just been feeling sorry for myself instead of praising the Good Shepherd for his sacrifice and faithfulness! We DID do several activities to cement Truth in our family this year, but my perfectionist attitude shines through in my longing to have done more. A.N.Y.W.A.Y.S........

Here are the super fun things we did to celebrate Jesus - His life, death, burial, resurrection, and appearance, through which, we have GREAT HOPE!!!!!!

Our Easter Advent calendar. What fun this was! The boys really, really enjoyed this! What a fun, tangible way to review the events of the Easter story. Each night we would review the previous days and add a new symbol to our calendar. We were able to build on the story each day - I noticed that it was an easy way to lovingly plant seeds of faith and Truth in the boys hearts. They have been pretty disappointed this week that our calendar is "done".
We painted little wooden crosses. My kids love to craft and paint (wonder where they get this from?!) so this was an obvious craft choice!


Ashley in her very first Easter dress!
We also played out the Easter story with play dough, which was really fun! Songs of choice this year were O Glorious Day, In Christ Alone (Owl City's version), and In My Place.

Praise be to Jesus who has rescued us and breathed true life into us! So thankful that we can claim the name of Christ and that He HAS WON the victory - already!!!

No comments: