My littlest boy love is TWO today! Just look at that sweet little face, couldn't you just eat him up?! Behind the adorableness, he packs big attitude, huge personality, loads of energy and fun, and a pretty powerful strong will. My sweet Gavin has spurred me towards a more intentional prayer life : ) I am slowly learning how to harness his little spirit and direct it to be used for God's glory! The Lord has certainly blessed Gavin with wonderful gifts - daily life may be challenging at times, but this boy already has the willpower, energy, fearlessness, and might to battle on behalf of Gospel! And at the same time, he has a compassionate side - he is tender and loving. My favorite time of day with him is right before bed, he loves to cuddle into my side and listen to a good story, and then he is eager to snuggle in my arms to sing a bedtime song. I can't believe that my 26 lb baby was a tiny 7lbs 10 oz just two years ago. Oh my Gavin, how we LOVE and adore you! You bring delight into this home and into our hearts!
I love to pray scripture and I've recently been intrigued by the idea of a "blessing" for my kids. I've been working on this one for Gavin for his birthday ....
Sweet Gavin,
I pray that you boldly embrace the Lord as your father
and have great courage to follow His lead.
May you boast in the cross,
in God's great mercy and grace,
in His faithfulness and compassion.
May He bless you as you walk confidently in His goodness.
May you seek to wage war against darkness
and allow your light to magnify the Lord.
May you seek fellowship with the saints
as you treasure His fellowship with you.
Allow the Word to dwell in you richly,
may it be more precious to you than gold and sweeter than honey,
for the Word of the Lord is right and true.
May your Redeemer always teach you what is best for you,
for in perfect faithfulness He does marvelous things.
Little Gavin, I commit you to the Lord our God, for you are HIS.
No comments:
Post a Comment