So, if you're following along with me, I am praying faithfulness tomorrow : )
"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save" (Zeph 3:17) has been ringing in my head all day long. Doesn't that scream faithful?! Our God is faithful to be near to us, faithful to save us! He is also faithful to reveal sin to us instead of turning us over to our own wicked ways. Faithful to refine and sanctify us. Faithful to be our Comforter, our Shepherd, our Father, our King....
The entire bible points us to Jesus and ultimately to God's faithfulness in redemption. I am confident in God's faithfulness because the Word tells me He is faithful. But I have an even greater confidence in His faithfulness because He has proven to be good, trustworthy, and faithful to me time and time again. It is His character to be faithful, true. This makes Him trustworthy to me : )
My hope is that my boys can rest in their Father's faithfulness. That His faithfulness to them would exemplify what a life lived faithfully should look like - faithful to one wife, faithful in their fatherly duties, faithful and true to their friends. But above all, my prayer is that my boys would remain faithful to their Creator, and that He would be their first love. I pray that the Holy Spirit would empower them to be faithful men!
No comments:
Post a Comment