Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 15: Gentleness

Tomorrow we are praying gentleness for our little guys.....

My two boys (31/2 and 2) have a new baby sister, so I am always saying, "Gentle, be gentle!" In fact, "Be kind" and "be gentle" are really the only words I utter all day : )

Gentleness - isn't the Lord gentle with us? I love the way the Lord gently and graciously reveals sin in my life, little by little. I love the way my husband gently rebukes me, and lets me know when I am out of line. I love the way my friends gently admonish me, and encourage me.

I pray that my boys will be men who are bold, courageous, unafraid; but at the same time I pray that they will be gentle in spirit. Gently leading others to the Lord, gentle in rebuke, gentle to encourage, gentle with their wives' hearts.....

No comments: