Ezekiel 11:19 "I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh."
Oh how I desire for my children to be made new, with hearts of flesh. I want them to be in love with the Creator, to treasure Him above all things (Rom 1:25), and for their hearts to be hidden in Christ. My hope is that their little hearts are undivided, and that the Lord seals them for the day of redemption (Eph 1:13).
One of my favorite songs is Come Thou Fount, and I especially love this part:
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here’s my heart Lord,
Take and seal it
Seal it for thy courts above
I look forward to the day when my children’s affections will be only for Jesus, and they will set their hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God (Col 3:1).
I pray that one day, they can profess, as David did, “My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast….” (Ps 57:7). I ask daily that God would purify their sweet little hearts by faith (Acts 15:9) and that the eyes of their hearts would be enlightened in order that they might know the hope to which He has called them (Eph 1:18).
No comments:
Post a Comment