Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 6: Purity

Jesus was pure, blameless. That fact alone makes me long for heaven where death and sin and disgrace and temptation will be wiped away forever. Until that day, I have to battle, and wage war on sin!

It seems that there is a brutal assault on the purity of our children. Sex, sexual innuendoes, scantily clad girls, etc bombard the eyes and ears of our young children everywhere they turn! This is one area in particular where I need to relentlessly coat my boys in prayer and plead with the Spirit to reveal right and wrong to them. My specific prayer today is that I would allow the Holy Spirit to lead me as I guide my boys through a sexually saturated world. I also pray that I would be persistent and unashamed to broach the topic of sex and purity with my boys when the time is appropriate. I will encourage my boys to remain pure in their thoughts and actions through obedience to the Lord. But I’m not going to limit my prayers to just my two boys - I also plan to pray these verses today for the future girlfriends, and the future spouse(s) of my boys.

Let’s saturate our little boys with prayer today!

Several pieces of Truth have ministered to me on the topic of purity:

Psalm 24:3-6

English Standard Version (ESV)

3 Who shall ascend the hill of the LORD?
And who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to what is false
and does not swear deceitfully.
5He will receive blessing from the LORD
and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6Such is the generation of those who seek him,
who seek the face of the God of Jacob.
Selah

1 Thessalonians 4:7

English Standard Version (ESV)

7For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness.

1 John 3:2-3

English Standard Version (ESV)

2Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. 3And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

No comments: