Month two with our little girl has been such a treasure! Ashley is easily pleased and is always eager to offer up huge smiles : ) She is a little love bug and has such a sweet disposition. She is laid back and easy going, loves her Daddy most, but lights up whenever Blane is around. We are starting to hear smalls coos and squeals, what joy! She still sleeps most often, about 4 naps a day, and wakes up only twice at night. Of course she is still sleeping in our room, and refuses to fall asleep unless she's on her tummy : ) Daddy-daughter love is unique, and more special than I had imagined. I wouldn't doubt if Scott headed off to college with her and moved in next to her dorm. We did have quite the scare with her this month and made our first ER visit with her - let's just say that I didn't realize a 7 week old could turn over! The Lord was gracious to me this month, reminding me of His sovereignty, his love, and that through Jesus I am sufficient.
"I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." (ps. 34) I am so thankful that "this God - his way is perfect...He is a shield for those who take refuge in Him..." (ps 18)
Ashley is a growing girl! She weighed 11 lbs at her 2 month checkup, and was 23" long! She is wearing size 1-2 diapers, and 3 month clothes. Her hair is still dark, full, and beautiful!
I rejoice everyday over this wonderful addition to our family!


No comments:
Post a Comment