One of the many idols in my heart is greed. I see it, I want it, and I would like it now, not later. I struggle badly with this. In fact, most of my family makes fun of me because I tend to receive birthday gifts 3-6 months before my actual birth day. But instant gratification causes us to never have to depend on our heavenly Father, rely on Him, press into Him, fellowship with him, pray to Him. But patience and long suffering does produce beauty! It causes our hearts to seek Jesus, to fellowship with Him, to desire Him above all things. Patience gives us the opportunity to submit to His perfect will, to allow Him to be in control, and to worship Him as we watch His plan unfold in perfect timing. Patience reminds us that He alone can satisfy. He is our only necessity. A patient heart and spirit reminds me that "earth has NOTHING I desire besides You" Psalm 73:25. I am also reminded that we have to patiently wait for our Fathers return....
Tomorrow my prayers for my boys will be focused on patience. And I do so hope that they cling to Jesus, and that in His pursuit of their hearts, that my boys would realize that HE ALONE can satisfy any desire that wells up in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment